Join us from Monday August 12 to Friday August 16, 2019, for a fantastic week of crafts, books, snacks, and fun.
We’re currently looking to hire a student to help out with the Summer Reading Club. See the job description and related information below:
Student Job Opportunity
Library Assistant and Summer Reading Club Coordinator
- Position: Library Assistant and Summer Reading Club Coordinator
- Employer: Admaston/Bromley Public Library
- Location: Douglas, Ontario
- Salary: $14.00 per hour
The Admaston/Bromley Public Library is currently recruiting a student to work as an assistant at the Admaston/Bromley Public Library and to co-ordinate the TD Summer Reading Club. This is a full-time position at 35 hours per week from July 3 – August 23, 2019, (approximately).
Duties include: working with the public, answering the phone, helping at the front desk, using the library’s computer systems, creating documents using MS Word, and updating the library’s website and Facebook page. The successful candidate will be developing, advertising, and running the TD Summer Reading Club, a five-day summer camp, for children of various ages. He or she will also help to set up and deliver programming for library patrons.
- This is a Summer Experience Program initiative and students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25. Proof of student enrolment must be provided to the employer.
- Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment, be eligible to work in Canada, and have a Social Insurance Number
- Student will be required to learn library procedures and relevant policies
- Thorough knowledge of computers and MS Office.
- Must be self-motivated, responsible, organized and enjoy working with children of all ages
- Excellent computer, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Must have a current police check
- Valid driver’s license an asset
Submit resumes by email by June 14, 2019 at 6 p.m. Interviews will take place at the library. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Jane Wouda, CEO
Admaston/Bromley Public Library