Library Programs for Seniors
The Library offers various ongoing programs developed for seniors:
We offer a complimentary home delivery service program delivering library materials to township residents of any age who are unable to get to the library. Material is selected at the customer's request by our staff. A volunteer will deliver and pick up borrowed material.
For further information regarding this service please contact us
The Library also offers basic computer lessons to its patrons. We can help you learn how to use a computer, email, and learn many other skills. We offer various training sessions on Monday nights. Please contact the library for more information
Websites for Seniors
Are you looking for senior-friendly information? We've compiled some links and sites just for you!
GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS & SERVICES
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Alzheimer Society of Canada -- information about the disease and related dementias, caregiving, research, and more.
- Arthritis Society -- information about the disease, tips for living well, research, news, programs and services, and more.
- C-Health -- providing consumers with objective, accurate, and current healthcare information on the web.
- Canadian Hearing Society -- the only national not-for-profit organization supporting Canadians who are hard of hearing.
- CNIB -- services for the sight-impaired.
- Division of Aging and Seniors -- from the Public Health Agency of Canada, providing federal leadership in areas pertaining to aging and seniors. The Division serves as a focal point for information and centre of expertise.
- Healthy Ontario -- seniors section of the health resource website from the Ontario provincial government.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation -- preventing and reducing disability and death from heart disease and stroke through research, health promotion and advocacy.
- Long Term Care Planning Network -- resources designed to make your life as a caregiver easier.
- Osteoporosis Canada -- educates, empowers and supports individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Public Health Agency of Canada -- access timely, trusted and credible public health information through a single source.
HOUSING & LEGAL
MONEY & FINANACE
TRAVEL & LEISURE