Most of the databases below can be accessed for free using the number on the back of your library card. For help accessing or using the databases below, visit the library and get some free training. If circumstances dictate you can’t be in the library in person, we can still help you. Please call or email the library for assistance.
All library members now have access to e-books and audio books through our subscription with the Ontario Library Service to Overdrive or Libby – on-line downloadable apps with thousands of titles.
NOTE: Overdrive will no longer be supported, starting in 2022. If you have not already done so, please make the switch to Libby. If you need any help with this, please or email the library and we can assist you.
You can click on the link above to download the app for free or you can find it in Google Play (Android) or the App Store (Apple) to download it onto your phone or tablet. You can download it onto almost any sort of device, including laptops, tablets, or smartphones. The app can be synced across multiple devices. Once you have the app downloaded, you’ll need to complete a few more steps before you can start downloading.
Go directly to the Ontario Library Service Download page, to open an account using your library card. There’s a world of reading at your fingertips!
Drop-in sessions on Overdrive basics are taking place at the library. If you’d like some training on how to use ebooks, visit the library on Mondays or Wednesdays between 6-7 p.m. and get some tech help.
OVERDRIVE NOW COMES WITH FRONT LINE SUPPORT!
What does Front Line Tech Support include?
- Access to the OverDrive Front Line Tech Support team 24x7x365 via web form and email.
- Response time via email expected within 8 business hours of receipt, or within 24 hours if received outside of business hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm ET Monday-Friday, excluding major holidays).
- Professionally trained specialists provide support for OverDrive technology-related issues only.
- Self-service support is also available to users 24x7x365 through extensive and user-friendly FAQ and other written help that is accessible through the library’s OverDrive-powered website.
Career Cruising – This excellent and fun resource provides patrons of all ages with engaging, dynamic career development and job search resources.
How to access this resource: You will need your library card number to log into the site. It is found on the back of your library card. If you need helping finding your library card number, please contact the library.
- The Digitalia Film Library consists of a multilingual, multinational streaming video collection of ca. 800 feature films and documentaries, the majority in Spanish and Portuguese with English subtitles, from Spain, other European countries, U.S., and Latin America (especially Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil). Public Performance Rights apply to all films in their collection.
- LibriVox – Free online audiobooks
- Open Library – Open Library is an open, editable library catalog, building towards a web page for every book ever published
- Project Gutenburg – Free ebooks
- Historical Topographical Map Digitization Project – Coinciding with the celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary and the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) 50th anniversary, Ontario’s university libraries are releasing a collection of over 1000 historical topographic maps of Ontario
- Federated Women’s Institues of Ontario – This is an amazing digital archive of the Women’s Institutes’s Tweedsmuir’s Histories and other historical documents.
- Bonnechere Union Public Library
- Killaloe Public Library
- Renfrew Public Library
- Whitewater Region Public Library
- CIA World Factbook
- GCF Learnfree
- Library of Congress Virtual Reference Shelf
- Virtual Reference Library
We strive to provide clear, correct, and current information. Changes in information provided may occur at any time without notice. If you notice any errors, find a link that is inactive, or if you have any questions about a link, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admaston/Bromley Public Library provides hypertext links to other Web sites for the convenience of users of our Website. These external sites were initially visited during a selection process before linking to them and they are checked periodically. Inclusion of a link does not constitute any endorsement by the library. We are not responsible for information beyond our own site and cannot guarantee the accuracy or accessibility of information on linked sites.